Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/domaincrunch/public_html/cms/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 2033
Twitter is just one tool that web users use to strategize a social media campaign that actually works. Unfortunately, many people go about using Twitter the wrong way – they talk at their audience. If you want to get the most out of Twitter, try conversing with your captive audience.
Twitter offers an advantage that many other social media tools do not. Twitter users are often reading your material in real-time, and have the option of interacting immediately. The frequency of posts on the website makes it easier to use for conversation than sites like Facebook.
The first step to achieving success for your website or business through Twitter is to initiate interesting discussions. Don’t simply post a thought or idea; turn it into a conversation instead. These tips will help you do just that:
– Remember the value of ReTweeting other people’s words, but do not be passive about it. Instead, add your own thoughts or ask a question.
– Make sure to reply to people with the @ symbol. This encourages the discussion to go further than one response. When somebody does respond to your message, always send back a reply – keep the conversation going!
– As silly as hashtags might sound, they can actually work wonders for your Twitter account. Use hashtags to reach a wider audience than your followers, and search among them to find new conversations you can be a part of.
– It is really not a good idea to use auto-responders on Twitter, unless you intend to send a simple greeting or thank you message. Keep it personal!
– Do not follow somebody simply because he or she follows you. Follow only the people you think will add value to your Twitter feed.
You must think of Twitter as any other social arena. For instance, if you are in a crowd and simply stand in the middle of the room talking to the air, not to any particular person or group, you are doing yourself a disservice. Don’t advertise; be personal. The mistake most social media users give in to is that they do not recognize that Twitter is a two-way street.
Use your presence on social media to build a likable and well-respected brand. It is entirely possible to give your readers an accurate representation of yourself and your message with simple conversation. Take advantage of the opportunity and represent yourself as personable and interesting.